Dear Friends of Statistics,
I am writing as my first year as Department Chair comes to a close. Interacting with our community through a computer in my home office is not how I envisioned spending this time when I first accepted the position, but I am very grateful to all members of the department for their patience and support under these unique circumstances. Read more here.
Teaching and research highlights
- Welcome New Faculty
- Statistics Ph.D. students recognized with NSF Fellowship
- Statistics Ph.D. students awarded NDSEG Fellowship
- Statistics Ph.D. alumni selected as IMS Fellows
- Statistics B.S. student recognized with Husky 100 award
- Inaugural Bernbaum Family Endowed Fellowship Awarded
- UW Team Develops Model for United Nations to Estimate Subnational Variation in Under-Five Mortality
- New York Times coverage of recent work on estimation of mortality rates for COVID-19
- Students present statistics research at Undergrad Research Symposium
- Check out our undergraduate newsletter “Student’s T time”
Keep in touch!
- If you have news about an alumni or friend of the department that you would like to share with us, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Strengthen our department through the Friends of Statistics Fund which is perhaps the single most important resource for the department. Gifts to this fund provide unrestricted support that can be directed where it is needed most.
- Follow us @UWStat on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.