Dear Friends of UW Statistics,
I reach out to you as we celebrate the end of another academic year and the start of a beautiful summer in Seattle. 2022-2023 was another academic year full of successes and I continue to be proud of serving as the Chair of a department with such fantastic faculty, students and staff. Read Chair's full letter
- Perkovic receives Dorothy Gilford Early Career Endowed Professorship
Assistant Professor, Ema Perkovic, has been named the first Dorothy Gilford Early Career Endowed Professor in Mathematical Statistics as of September 1, 2023.
- Thompson Elected Fellow of the Royal Society (UK)
We are pleased to announce that the Royal Society, the UK’s national academy of sciences and the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence, has elected Dr. Elizabeth Thompson as a Fellow.
- Adrian Dobra and Tyler McCormick elected as 2023 ASA Fellows
We are pleased to announce that Tyler McCormick and Adrian Dobra have been elected as 2023 Fellows of the American Statistical Association (ASA).
- Alex Kokot Awarded NDSEG Fellowship
We are proud to announce that of the 3,080 applications received this year, our student, Alex Kokot, has been selected to receive one of the 2023 NDSEG fellowship awards.
- Raftery Co-Authors New Book
We are pleased to announce that Professor Adrian Raftery has co-authored a new book “Model-Based Clustering, Classification, and Density Estimation Using mclust in R”, which has just been published by Chapman and Hall/CR Press.
- Blackwell Seminar
The Blackwell Seminar was established in 2020 to honor the contributions of David Blackwell to mathematical statistics, game theory, probability theory, and information theory.
Keep in touch!
- If you have news about an alumni or friend of the department that you would like to share, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Strengthen our department through the Friends of Statistics Fund which is perhaps the single most important resource for the department. Gifts to this fund provide unrestricted support that can be directed where it is needed most.
- Follow us @UWStat in Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.