- News & Resources
Dear Friends of UW Statistics,
Welcome to 2023! I hope that you enjoyed the (icy!) holidays with your family and friends! [Read more here]
Diversity, equity and inclusion highlights:
- UW Statistics to co-lead NSF-funded Pacific Alliance for Low Income Inclusion in Statistics and Data Science
- Graduate students offer Pre-Application Review Service (PARS) with a focus on students from underrepresented groups in Statistics
- Ranjini Grove participates as instructor and mentor in the UW Upward Bound program organized by the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity
- Graduate students help organize Gear-Up summer program for high school students from low-income communities in South Seattle
- Zaid Harchaoui and Abel Rodriguez participate as instructor in AI4ALL summer program, bringing a disability studies lens to interrogate bias and fairness in AI
- Ph.D. students host joint Virtual Graduate Student panel with UC Berkeley and University of Michigan to help demystify the application process for students from underrepresented background.
- Welcome our new faculty!
- And also our new staff member, Veronica Bae!
- Zaid Harchaoui promoted to Full Professor
- Thomas Richardson co-recipient of inaugural Rousseeuw Prize for Statistics
- Daniela Witten receives 2022 COPSS President’s Award
- Yen-Chi Chen receives Gottfried E. Noether Early Career Award from the American Statistical Association
- Elizabeth Thompson named Honorary Life Member of the International Biometric Society
- Ph.D. student Anna Neufeld wins 2022 WNAR Best Student Paper Award
- 2020-2021 Z.W. Birnbaum and Dorothy M. Gilford award winners!
- Jon Wakefield featured in Perspectives Magazine
- Adrian Raftery featured in the New York Times
- Ema Perkovic, Fang Han, Alex Luedtke and Zaid Harchaoui receive federal grants to advance their research
Keep in touch!
- Strengthen our department by contributing to one of our endowed funds.
- If you have news about an alumni or friend of the department that you would like to share, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us, @UWStat on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.