We invite you to join us for a virtual conversation and Q&A with current Statistics Ph.D. students at the University of Washington (UW) on Monday, November 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM (PST).
We will be discussing topics including:
- Should I be applying for graduate school?
- How do I apply for graduate school?
- What should I write about in a statement of purpose?
- What are admissions committees actually looking for?
- What is the difference between a Master’s degree and a PhD?
- What is the difference between statistics and biostatistics?
- What will your day-to-day life look like as a statistics PhD student?
This event is hosted and run entirely by volunteer graduate students at UW, with the aim of creating a casual, open conversation that isn’t geared towards any one specific program. We invite you to bring questions, or just come to listen and chat. Whether you are a senior applying this application season, or a first year who is interested in learning more about graduate school, we look forward to doing what we can to help!
If you plan on attending, please register in advance at this link.