Are you a statistics undergraduate or (bio)statistics graduate student interested in analyzing real data to help local non-profits better fulfill their missions? UW's Statistics in the Community (StatCom) is a student-run group offering pro-bono data analysis and consulting services to the Seattle community. We have been in the UW Statistics and Biostatistics departments for nearly 15 years, serving dozens of clients. This spring, we are recruiting new volunteer consultants – and revitalizing existing members! StatCom consultants will work in undergrad+grad student teams, to foster mentorship and collaboration within and across our department(s)!
Benefits of volunteering:
- Grow your applied portfolio for postgrad job searches
- Help worthy Seattle non-profits serve their communities
- No fixed commitment level: you can sign up even if you're not sure you have time this quarter
- Consulting projects vary in time duration; some clients need one session, some multiple. You can wrap up projects early if consulting time becomes limited.
- Services requested through StatCom are done pro-bono, but project extensions have occurred that have led to paid work.