The Bernbaum Family Endowed Scholarship was set up in 2019 to support academically meritorious undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in the field of actuarial sciences.
April 23, 2021
- Undergraduate students who are at least in their ninth quarter at UW and who have at least 3 more quarters to go before completing their degree.
- Applicants must be enrolled in our of the majors housed in the Statistics, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics Departments:
- Statistics B.S (all tracks)
- Mathematics B.A. (all tracks)
- Mathematics B.S.
- Applied Mathematics B.S.
- Computational Finance & Risk Management B.S.
- Applied and Computational Mathematical Sciences (all tracks)
- Applicants must have demonstrated interest in a career in actuarial sciences. Examples of evidence in this regard include taking coursework that would prepare them for the actuarial exams, having taken the actuarial exams, internships in the discipline, participating in the actuarial club, being enrolled in the cross-campus Actuarial Science minor at UW Bothell, among others.
- (Self) nomination letter (500-750 words) describing their interest in actuarial science and how they plan to use the money during their senior year.
- Curriculum vitae
- Up to two letters of recommendation.
- Unofficial Transcripts.